Un-flip - Corrective flip for images when older version presentations are opened in PowerPoint 2002
Purpose: Corrective flip for images when older version presentations are opened in XP. The add-in will perform the task correctly provided the presentation opened has not been saved previously under XP. PowerPoint XP resets the flip values when a save is performed hence this fix works only for presentations which haven't been saved in PowerPoint XP.
1. Extract the contents of the zip file to a folder
2. Launch PowerPoint.
3. Select Tools | Add-ins | Add new...
4. Locate the Un-flip add-in and select it.
5. An 'X' mark against 'Un-flip' should appear in the list of add-ins loaded.
If you cannot load an add-in in PPT2002/2003 then change the macro settings (Tools | Macros | Security) to MEDIUM.
How to do it...
1. Select Tools | Macros | Security on the security level tab, check MEDIUM.
2. Click on OK
3. Now load the Add-in as per the instructions.
4. Once the add-in has been loaded you can set the Security level back to HIGH
How to use:
1. Select Tools| Enable Corrective Flip to activate the add-in if not activated. A check
mark appears beside the option if it is inactive.
2. Open the presentation created in earlier version.
3. Un-flip will correct the flip automatically and prompt the user, if any correction is done.
4. Save the presentation.
OLE Objects and Charts save in earlier versions appearing flipped/inverted in PowerPoint 2002.
MSKB: Pictures in documents that were created in an earlier version of Office appear flipped in Office XP and Office 2003
MSKB:The "Pictures in Earlier Office Documents Appear Flipped" white paper for Office 2002 programs is available for download
MSKB: Flipped Images Lose Their Flipped Properties in VBA When Saved
Copyright 1999-2011 (c) Shyam Pillai. All rights reserved.